NH Facts

1130 children and youth were reported as homeless in 2007. (NHNH) There are 2,248 homeless people on any given day in New Hampshire. (New Horizons) From July 2007 - July 2008 approximately 4,800 jobs were lost in New Hampshire. (Analysis of NH Industry)

Friday, December 19, 2008

Magnificent 8

I found myself in a room full of empty
Only to realize it wasn’t meant for me to be here
But important that I came
My road was the one too often traveled
From them hopes that unravel in the streets
Riddled with them who never met potential.
Don’t mistake my strut for confidence
I just wouldn’t survive the consequence
that waits behind the door for them knockin knees
But recently I find myself at ease
Amungst giants I walk softly
And I carry a big heart
In an effort to do my part
See I’m crucial to the sphere my people call conversation
But see I make no claim that we be from anything
More than from where we came
It was the giving that leveled me
I saw eyes cry, smiles curl and hands extend
In my particular direction
Here where I stand now in reflection
Too am a giant
Some of those who choose to stand simple
Questiong the intent, attempting to debate
Thee magnificent 8 would best tip toe lightly.
I’m play those lines over and over

As time goes ooooon
I realiiiiiiize
just what you meeeeeean
to mee and now

My room runneth over
With giants at my shoulder I lead
Being lead by leaders, I was
To become Mercury, I am
Hot like that fire, I will
Teach he, she and anybody
And I do mean anybody like and not like me
Atop the mountain I see tomorrow
My community on my mind, I unwind
With a sublime line that hits on time!
Check it.
Leaders, make leaders,
And ya’all made me!

No comments: